The upcoming LVA ‘Interview Skills Workshop’ is now sold out.
The workshop is being delivered by LVA HR Advisor, Gillian Knight and will take place on Thursday 30th January 2002 in Anglesea House.
The purpose of the workshop is to help with improving skills when conducting interviews. The workshop has been designed to ensure the interviewers have the ability to score and evaluate candidates effectively, assisting in making confident recruitment decisions.
The training will be conducted in a practical manner and those who secured a place at the workshop will learn through a combination of short presentations, interactive discussions and role-plays structured within a safe learning environment.
Who is the course for?
Anyone who is responsible for hiring staff within your premises, be it line, middle or senior management and/ or publicans.
Why do this course?
Right hire first time save the company both time and money, so effective interviewing skills increase the chances of successful hire first time.
- Common selection problems
- The Job and Person specification
- The Interview
- Conducting the interview
- Developing interview questions
- Questioning techniques
- Closing the interview
- Legislation affecting the selection process
- Evaluating the interview and giving feedback
Key learning outcomes
- Ensure a more professional approach to staff selection.
- Develop an approach to devising the structured interview, ensuring clear guidelines and methods are in place.
- Review and update categories of questions, including competency based questions.
- Understand the key aspects of employment law within an interview.
- Develop confidence in note taking and decision making.