The LVA’s HR Advisor, Gillian Knight, has extensive experience in advising publicans on their employment rights and responsibilities, as well as guiding on the many challenges that emerge when managing your staff.
This HR service is a professional, complimentary service to members, with advice provided in strict confidence. It provides peace of mind and confidence to publicans to manage situations effectively and efficiently.
Key elements of our HR service include:
- Guiding you through employee grievance and disciplinary issues.
- Assisting you on annual leave, maternity leave and sick leave entitlements.
- Designing employee handbooks and employment contracts.
- Advising on unfair or constructive dismissal claims.
- Guiding you on part-time staff entitlements.
- Clarifying minimum wage entitlements.
- Informing on working time legislation.
- Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE) obligations.
- Assistance with managing retirements.
- Advising on your HR administration requirements.
- Assistance with your recruitment process.
- Providing redundancy advice.