The Licensed Vintners Association (LVA) is to hold a seminar entitled ‘Pubs, Noise and Neighbours – Guidance on Dealing with Complaints’.
The event will take place on Tuesday 12th February 2019 at 10.30am in the Ballsbridge Hotel (formerly Jury’s).
The seminar will be presented by Diarmuid Keaney who is a qualified noise and vibration consultant for ICAN Acoustics. ICAN has a wide variety of clients ranging from State authorities, national power companies to industrial and private clients. Diarmuid has worked with numerous clients in the entertainment and licensing sector and has specific experience on noise matters for those who own and operate bars, late bars, nightclubs and hotels.
His presentation will cover:
- Advice on the typical notices that can be served by Local Authorities.
- Advice on how to deal with noise complaint.
- Dealing with an objection to your licence on the grounds of noise + the next steps.
- How to manage and control your noise, understand your noise and when residential properties are most sensitive.
- Identify noise control measures that are likely to work and what won’t work.
- Sound insulation, transfer within buildings and how noise propagates outdoors.
- Limitations of limiting devices, their impact and what they can and cannot do.
- A short demonstration of noise and how it builds up outside a smoking area.
- Anonymised case studies – a sample hotel function room, a sample bar, a late-bar case study and a nightclub case study.
WHEN: Tuesday 12th February 2019.
TIME: 10.30am – 12noon (including Q&A)
LOCATION: Ballsbridge Hotel (formerly Jury’s), 1st Floor Elm & Oak Suite.
COST: €25 per attendee (All proceeds to LVA Benevolent Fund)
BOOKINGS: Link for bookings has been emailed to all LVA members. Members can also call Anglesea House with credit card details on 01 6680215.